Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Let It Go

On New Year's Eve I took a big step.  I made the final decision, one that had been on my mind for awhile.  I knew what I needed to do.  I had thought of doing it before.  I was convicted about it time and time again.  On 12/31/11 I took a giant leap and I closed my Facebook account.  I know to some it seems like an absolutely crazy decision, but it was something that I really needed to do.  I had known for awhile that FB was taking up way too much of my time and I was way to dependent upon it.  I found myself checking it repeatedly throughout the day for updates, playing games, checking out my favorite deal blogs, and just to escape for a minute.  What I figured out was that I was missing out on real life by being so attached to a computer and by relying on status updates to get my information instead of calling my friends and family directly.  I wasn't getting things done around my house, I wasn't playing with my kids as much I should be, and I was just wasting time that is valuable.  In the days since getting rid of my Facebook account, I have found that I really don't miss it.  I am just annoyed at the amount of time I wasted on there.  I am amazed at all the things I have been able to get done in my day because I am not checking the computer all day.  I realized that real relationships are so much more important that virtual friendships.  I am so happy that I made the decision to quit Facebook and I have no intention of going back to it.  I am looking forward to spending more time with my family and friends, being more productive in my home, and enjoying life not attached to a computer.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!