Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bathroom Remodel Part 1 - Before

I am the one that found the cute little frog wall paper border.  I am the one who thought it would be cute to sponge paint the bottom half of the wall with colors from the border.  I am the one (along with help from my sister) who painted it.  I am the one who has disliked the bathroom since I finished it.  I am the one who has wanted to remodel it for 6 years.  The time for that has finally come.  Over the last 6 months I have used coupons and sales to pick up a new shower curtain, a cloth shower curtain, a new rug, new towels, and new accessories and they have patiently waited for me to find the time to put them all together.  This coming weekend is the weekend!  I can't wait.  I have the paint colors all picked out and now I just have to make the stencil I want with my Cricut and go buy the paint.  I can't wait to strip off the old border and throw it away.  I can't wait to cover up the painting I have hated for so long.  I can't wait to make the bathroom look a little more enjoyable for guests and just a little more grown up.  So with all that being said I will show you the before pictures.  Please note that the shower curtain does not match the bathroom currently because it is the new shower curtain that will remain up after the remodel.  Our old shower curtain needed to be replaced before I could get around to refinishing the rest of the bathroom.  So I guess it is like a little sneak peek of what will be.
View one (new shower curtain)
Another view, see the ugly painting?
The border and sponge painting have to go, but I love the colors of the new shower curtain.
The peeling border.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!