Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bathroom Remodel Part 2 - After

I wanted to get this post done yesterday, but yesterday my computer decided it needed a break.  I got up yesterday morning and it wouldn't turn on.  I could hear the fan running, see a flashing orange light, but there was only a black screen.  Then all of a sudden last night, my hubby pushed the on button, walked away and the computer booted.  Woo Hoo!  Now I can do some serious backing up of our computer and share my bathroom remodel with you.

Last week I told you of our plans to remodel our second bathroom.  You can read about it and see the before pictures by clicking here.  I thought we were just painting the bathroom, replacing the toilet that didn't work quite right, and putting up all the new things I had bought for the bathroom.  On our way to the home improvement store, my wonderful hubby said, "What do you think about replacing the floor too?"  I was a little shocked because I didn't even think we were even thinking of that, but my hubby keeps telling me that if we are going to do some remodeling this year we are going to do it completely.  I guess I never thought that completely meant the floor too.  I have dreamed of replacing the linoleum that is through out the dining room, kitchen, hallway, laundry area, and second bathroom.  It is white and green and gets dirty the second after I clean it.  It drives me insane, because I clean it and turn around and find dirt again.  So I was in a little bit of shock at the mere thought of picking out a floor that I like for the bathroom because I know that the bathroom is just the start of replacing the floor.  I knew that if we replaced the bathroom floor we will want to replace the rest of the linoleum too eventually.  Anyway, after spending many hours Friday at the home improvement store, we settled on a new tile for the floor, picked up the paint I had picked out, and some of the other things we needed for the remodel.

Helping rip off the old wallpaper border
Saturday morning we started our project.  We got to rip off the old wall paper border (WOO HOO) and my hubby took out the trim for painting.  We put the new paint color on the walls and WOW!!!! What a difference.  I had my moments of doubt about the paint I chose when I first started trimming the room, but when both coats of paint were on, I fell in love with the color and knew it was a great choice.  In the afternoon once my hubby had put the primer on the floor for the tile, we were off to the home improvement store again, but this time it was the one on the other side of one of the towns around us.  We were in search of the toilet we wanted, but it had been out of stock at the first store on Friday night because it happened to be on sale (yippee - sales are good, if only they would make coupons for toilets).  When we got to the store for the toilet on Saturday, my hubby threw in another bonus, he told me to go and pick out a new faucet citing if we are going to do this, let's do it all.  The only thing we didn't replace in the bathroom was the tub, counter with the sink, and the mirror/medicine cabinet.  These things are still in good shape and I do like them.  So then we went home and my hubby got to work on installing the floor.  After the floor was all in, it was my turn again, I had to make my stencil for my circles on the wall since I couldn't find the one I wanted.  I made my stencil and got to work putting on my blue circles to draw out the circles in the shower curtain.  Then my hubby (have I mentioned how AWESOME he is?) grouted the floor.  On Sunday after church, my hubby cleaned up the floor, installed the toilet, and the new faucet.  I hung up the accessories and add the new towels and cloth shower curtain.
Hubby putting in the floor
New color and new floor vs.old floor
We are super happy with the new look of the bathroom.  I am so excited that the vision I saw in my head for the bathroom is what turned out (normally my hubby is the one who can see how it will turn out and I can't, but this time it was the other way around).  It looks SO much better.  The paint makes the small bathroom look bigger, brighter, and rich.  It turned out beautifully and I am so excited to say I love it and the kids do to which is good because it is their bathroom.  What do you think?
The circles on the wall


Finished product

10 comments:

  1. Love the polka dots and the colors, it came out really good! Hope you're having a good week! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am loving the "new" bathroom.

      Delete
  2. Very cute bathroom I love the poka dots and the faith hanger! We remodled our bathroom 2 years back and it was so much work! I am now following you! Have a fantastic week!
    http://www.serenabakessimplyfromscratch.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. I'll be checking out your blog too.

      Delete
  3. Looks AWESOME!!! The circle were a great addition and really ties it all together! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. might I say it looks even better in person...love the new tiles, the bright colors, the faucet and the new towels. Great job guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all! I'm thinking about redoing my green bathroom to blue, but I never thought about mixing those two colors! I'm thinking about it now! Looks great and I really like the dots on the wall! Thanks for sharing this! Happily following you via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I picked up the shower curtain a while ago and decided I wanted to remodel the bathroom around that. I loved the greens and blues in the curtain and knew I had to paint it those colors.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!