Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Book That is Changing Me

Lately I have been reading "The Resolution for Women" by Priscilla Shier. It is an amazing book, a definite must read if you are looking to change your life. It is based on the resolution that was made in the movie Courageous, the resolution to stop being "good enough" and to start living according to how God calls us to live, to give our best all the time. I can tell you I have struggled reading this book. After reading the first chapter of the book, I expected it to challenge me, make me dig deep and search for the truth, and to help me make the changes I have been trying to make. I didn't expect this book to stop me in my tracks (in a good way), but it has. I read a chapter and then I have to put the book down and really think about what I have read. I have to process what I've read and figure out how God is calling me to change in that area. Sometimes I have to read, re-read, and re-read a chapter to get it all. I have felt convicted reading this book, compelled to change, and called to action. It is great because the book and God are helping me make the changes I have been wanting to make anyway. I know that I have been living my life "good enough" for a long time and I really want to be more of who God is calling me to be and less of the old me who I was before I truly began living for God. While I have struggled through reading this book, it is a good struggle, one that produces change even if the change is ever so slight at the beginning. I guess you just need to make a slight change to begin with and then let that change grow which is what I have been working on. I can't say I always do the best at the changes I have been making, but I continue working on them because I am a work in progress. The book has helped me get the ball rolling on the changes I have been wanting to make and God helps me keep going and growing. I am happy that I picked it up and started reading. I recommend it to anyone wanting to make some changes to their life and their walk with God.

2 comments:

  1. I need to follow your lead in how you're reading this book. Taking the time to digest and absorb it makes such good sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Our church did a series on it and I tried to keep up with the reading for it (they read the whole book), but found that I couldn't because I did have to process each chapter or I was just going through the motions. I didn't want to just go through the motions so I started reading it at my pace so I could work through it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!