Friday, April 27, 2012

My Top 10 of Music

I LOVE music!  I have always loved music.  It soothes my soul, lifts my spirits, makes me laugh, makes me cry, and makes me wish I could actually sing, but I can't.  So I just settle for listening to music and singing along when no one is around.  For the last few years I have listened to Christian music.  I decided one day that even though I (use to) love the latest and greatest hits on secular radio, they weren't doing me any good and they were filled with things that just didn't matter to me.  I switched the dial to our local Christian radio station and have never looked back.  Christian music just speaks to me and moves me.  It encourages me, fills my thoughts with God, and gives me the little pep in my step I am looking for.  So I thought I would share with you my top 10 favorite Christian music artists right now.

  1. Jeremy Camp - Love, love, love his music!  I remember the first time I really listened to the words from the song "I Still Believe."  I was on my way home from a class and had to stop driving because the words just hit me that hard.  No matter where I have been in my life I have always believed in God and God has always been waiting for me with open arms.
  2.  Mandisa - What a girl, what a voice!  I love her songs, especially "Voice of a Savior," "He is With You," "Stronger," and "Waiting for Tomorrow."
  3. Casting Crowns - I love so many of their songs, I can't even begin to name the ones I love ("Praise You in This Storm," "Blessed Redeemer," "If We've Ever Needed You," the list is endless).  Their music just moves me.  It touches the depths of my soul.
  4. TobyMac - I love the way he combines just the right words with just the right beats.  "Made to Love You" is one of my very favorites, but I really love all of his music.
  5. Chris Tomlin - I don't think I have ever heard the song "I Will Rise" without at least tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat, but usually the tears are rolling down my cheeks.  God's love is AMAZING.  There are several other songs by Chris Tomlin that I love too like "I Will Follow" and "Our God."
  6. Sanctus Real - I love their song "Lead Me."  It just really captures how I feel about our family.
  7. NeedToBreathe - This is a FANTASTIC band!  I love their sound and how soulful it is.  My favorites are "Lay 'Em Down" and "Something Beautiful."
  8. Mercy Me - I think we all know the song, "I Can Only Imagine."  That was the first one I heard by Mercy Me and I have loved them ever since.
  9. Natalie Grant - Her song "Held" makes me cry every time I hear it.  Who am I to question God?  I just need to let Him hold me and take care of me like He wants to.
  10. Francesca Battistelli - She is a newer artist, but I love her music.  It sticks in my head and I find myself singing it throughout the day.  I love her songs "Free to Be Me" and "This is the Stuff."
So what do you listen to?  Who are your favorite artists?  What are your favorite songs?

3 comments:

  1. Third Day has a quality country rock sound with awesome lyrics - like in their hit single "Born Again"! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Third Day too. I haven't listened to much more of them than what is on the radio, but definitely need to check them out some more. They would have made the top 15 if it was a list of top 15. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for following me back! I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!