Monday, May 21, 2012

A New Curriculum

I promised to let everyone know what curriculum I picked after I went to the Home School Expo last weekend. My friend and I ended up not being able to attend the expo due to some things not working out in the schedule at the very last minute. I was a little bummed, but it was really okay because I had pretty much made my decision already. I just wanted to go to the expo to see the materials in person from my second choice because what I could see online was not quite enough for me. I wanted to see just a little more, but after talking to a couple of people about my first choice of curriculum and their experience with it, I know that it is the right choice. (Confusing sentence right...guess it goes with the territory when you talk about curriculum.) Anyway, without any further delay I will tell you our choice for curriculum next year...drumroll, please....Sonlight. I am looking forward to switching to the Sonlight Curriculum and all that it has to offer. I know that Sonlight is not right for every home school family, but I truly feel that it is the best fit for our family and it offers exactly what I have been looking for in our home school. I am excited to get it ordered and have it arrive so that we can check it out in detail. I am also excited to see how it will work for us and to see how it will change and improve our school. We will be using Sonlight for both of our kids at their appropriate grade levels and I can't wait to see what results we get by switching to our new curriculum.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I am following you from Flock together Tuesday! I am following through GFC and Linky. I have to say I love your name, my name is also Cassandra but I go by Casey most of the time!! Not too many Cassandra's out there! Have a good Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow and I will check out your blog too. You are right there are not so many of us Cassandra's out there, guess that makes us pretty cool, right? :)

      Delete
  2. So Buddy Bear's grade level is like 10th grade right? At least he thinks so anyways. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, don't rush him. He already thinks it would be so cool to be old enough to drive and he just can't wait for that. We tried to tell him how expensive it is to drive, but that didn't change his mind at all. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Cassandra,
    Great job you are doing with your children. Glad to meet you from the hop. I am a child of God too, working to please Him.
    Following you now on Linky and GFC.

    http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. I will come and check out your blog too. Isn't it wonderful being a child of God?

      Delete
  4. They have wonderful book choices! I've heard so many positive things about them and we use their books lists a lot in our homeschool! I hope you enjoy your new school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We are really looking forward to switching and have heard so many positive things.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!