Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Reading

One thing I have always loved about summer is that I tend to have more uninterrupted time to read. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, love to read. It is one of my very favorite things to do because books offer so many things. Books can take you away to a different time or place, books can teach you, books can help you, books can motivate you, and books can show you how others have lived. I stated before in other posts that the library is one of my favorite places to go and that it is like a black hole for me that sucks me in and I can spend hours at a time in there. I love the fact that during the summer while the kids are having reading time (I try to have them read every single day), that I have the time to sit down and read to as opposed to the school year where I spend that chunk of time grading, lesson planning, or doing housework. So while I do read for fun during the school year, it is more interrupted and intermittent. This summer I am looking forward to reading a mix of fiction and non-fiction. So far this is my list....

Refiner's Fire Series by Lynn Austin - READ - excellent fiction series set in the Civil War
-Candle in the Darkness
-Fire by Night
-A Light to My Path

Chronicles of the Kings Series by Lynn Austin
-Gods and Kings
-Song of Redemption
-The Strength of His Hand
-Faith of My Fathers
-Among the Gods

 Sophie Trace Trilogy by Kathy Herman - READ/Reading the last book currently - excellent fiction mystery series
-The Real Enemy
-The Last Word
-The Right Call

The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer - partially READ (I'm just at a stuck spot that I have to work through, but I want to finish it this summer)

Made to Crave by Lisa Terkeurst

The Money Saving Mom's Budget by Crystal Paine

This is just the start to my summer reading list. I am sure I will find more books along the way to read. Are you doing any summer reading? What is on your list?

(Sorry for the issues with formatting for those of you who may have read an earlier version of this post.  I am still getting use to my new computer and how blogger shows up in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!