Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Creative Chaos (A Book Review)

It is no secret that I LOVE to read. I have posted quite a few times about my love of reading. I also love scrap booking. It is one of my favorite creative outlets. I have been scrapping for almost 15 years. So imagine my delight when I was checking out e-books on Amazon one day and found a book called Creative Chaos by Kate O Lynch that features scrap booking. I couldn't download this book fast enough because I couldn't believe that I finally found a book that featured one of my favorite hobbies. The book's main character is Jill Wilson and it opens with her attending a job interview. She is out of college and entering the real world. Jill's life is already pretty good as she is blessed with wonderful friends, family nearby, and a hobby she loves, but she is still looking for Mr. Right. Through the book we get to experience Jill's life from day to day as she goes through the joy and frustrations life brings. Throughout the book, Jill shares her love of scrap booking, from carrying a camera around with here at all times (what scrapper isn't guilty of that) to attending crop nights, to spending free afternoons scrapping and reading scrap book magazines, and even doing some scrap book retail therapy, just as any real scrapper does. Jill's life gets pretty interesting when she starts dating an office co-worker, runs into her college boyfriend, and re-connects with a high school friend. What will she do and who will she choose? Creative Chaos is a fun book to read. Just when I thought I could find a stopping point, I would turn the page and find I had to keep reading to see what would happen next. Kate O Lynch, the author, does a fantastic job of describing the characters, scenes, and situations so that the reader feels like they are right there with Jill. She does such a wonderful job of describing Jill's scrap booking (from planning layouts, to reading magazines, to taking pictures, to crop nights, to shopping for supplies) that the reader (if you are a scrapper) feels like they are right there with Jill as she creates her layouts. I really, truly enjoyed this book. I was so happy to finally find a book that featured scrap booking that was so well written. It was very evident that the author is very familiar with scrapping, which I learned from her bio in the back of the book that she has a major scrapbooking background. I was also super impressed that the author, Kate O Lynch, self published her book. Kudos to her for setting a goal and accomplishing it. I can't wait for her next book. You can find Creative Chaos over at Amazon by pasting this link into your browser http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Chaos-ebook/dp/B007GGAAL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341317279&sr=8-1&keywords=kate+o+lynch. You can learn more about the author, Kate O Lynch, by checking out her website by pasting this link http://kateolynch.com/home into your browser. **I was in no way compensated for this post. I read a book I enjoyed, read the author's bio and saw that she was self published, and decided to support her by writing a review of her book and getting the word out to others. I also sincerely apologize for not being able to put live links into this post for you. Blogger does not want to cooperate with my Ipad so it will not let me put in live links. As soon as I am able to, I will fix them so you don't have to copy and paste.** Thank you Kate O Lynch for a great book and I can't wait for your next one!

4 comments:

  1. I just finished Creative Chaos today and loved it! How cool to have a quick and easy book to read - about a scrapbooker! Awesome! I wanted to put a review of it on Amazon but have been having problems doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the follow up book so we can find out what happens next. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I just finished Creative Chaos and loved it! How cool to have a quick and easy book to read - about a scrapbooker! Just awesome! I have been trying to put a review on Amazon but am having problems, so this will have to do for now. Thanks Kate for a wonderful read, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that the book was about scrapbooking!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!