Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Still a Slacker Part 2

Yesterday I started a really long post about how I am a slacker here. So here is the continuation of my rambling about what we have done so far this summer.
(6.) WFRN Friend Fest - One of our local Christian Music Radio Stations held their first annual Friend Fest this summer. It was a 2 day concert venue with speakers. My sister-in-law (JQ) and I went for the second day. We got to see (16 rows from the stage) Mandisa, 10th Avenue North, and Casting Crowns. Talk about an AWESOME concert!!! I will be writing a post about the concert, but let me tell you, it was the revival my heart needed. I can't wait until next year's concert and I don't even know who they are bringing in.
(7.) Crafts, crafts, crafts - I haven't gotten to do as much crafting as I planned on so far this summer, but I have been steadily working away. I am almost finished with the kids' cruise autograph albums from our Disney cruise last year. I am about 3/4 of the way finished with my Thomas Kinkaide cross stitch. I have scrapped a little. I am in the process of finishing my first project with chalkboard paint. I have Baby Bear's dress that I started about 3/4 of the way done.
(8.) Summer Reading - I have finished a couple of more books and finished up my summer reading for the library that I participated in. I even won a prize in our summer reading, a free pizza from one of the local pizza restaurants, which is awesome because now I have an excuse to go out to eat sometime.
(9.) Games - This summer we have played lots of board games. The main one is Monopoly. Even though the game takes a while it is fun. There is even a documentary about Monopoly that is pretty interesting (at least it was interesting to geeky me).
(10.) Pinterest - I decided it was time to start trying the things I have been pinning. So far we have tried about 4 of the recipes I have found on there and we have really loved them. They will definitely be made again at this house and go into our menu rotation. I also made a marshmallow fondant recipe from Pinterest and it was easy to make and tasted fantastic. Now if I can get myself in gear so I can try some of the crafts I have pinned.
Well, that pretty much sums up our summer so far. We have a few more things planned and then it will be time for school to start. I am pretty excited for school so we can try out our new curriculum and I even sat down yesterday and planned out our school calendar. I promise to try to stop slacking and start posting. I guess my brain was on summer vacation too, but I will try to do better. Thanks to my loyal readers who put up with my slacking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!