Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Weight-loss Wednesdays

This post scares me.  It makes my heart beat faster and my breathing is a little shallower.  It shakes me down to my core, but it must be done because a few weeks ago I posted about how I want to show the world the true me and how I want this blog to be a place I can put my real thoughts.  I don't know what people will think or comment, but I know that I have to be real, I have to be gut-wrenching honest, and I need to do what I need to do.  So here goes nothing...

I am starting a new series called Weight-loss Wednesdays.  I have 50 pounds to lose.  I have spoke with my doctor about it and she agrees that I really do need to lose some weight.  You see for me my weight affects my health.  I have asthma and for me extra pounds make my asthma harder to control.  I also need to lose the weight to get my body healthy overall.  In the last few months I have had back issues, extra aches and pains, and fatigue.  All of these things are related to the extra weight I am carrying around.  I know that weight affects everyone differently and some people think that 50 extra pounds is not much, but for me and my body 50 extra pounds are too much.

I decided to weigh in today and while I will not post that number here (some things are going too far for even me or maybe I am just not that brave, I haven't figured it out yet).  Then each Wednesday I will post whether or not I lost or gained weight and how that figures in to my weight loss.  I am also going to go back to using my tried and true methods.  When I have been successful at losing weight I have used SparkPeople, it is a great website that is truly dedicated to helping people lose weight and maintain their loss.  I will also be using the app, My Fitness Pal.  It just helps me be even more accountable with my food intake and exercise.  Using both things is a little redundant, but I need extra accountability.  I will be reducing my sugar and caffeine intake and focusing on getting in more fruits and vegetables.  This is where I am starting.  My plan that my doctor and I discussed is just truly changing my eating habits and that is what I intend to focus on.  So I hope you will join me in this journey by being supportive and cheering me on.  If you would like to join me on the journey by losing weight as well, I would be glad to support you as well.

Weight to lose:  50 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!