A New Year means it is time to reflect and make some changes and yes, I'm going to call them resolutions. I know some people don't like to make resolutions and I know some people say that by making them you are setting yourself up to fail, but I have always looked at them as a fresh start, a chance to get it right, and a goal to attain. I am going to do my best to keep them and achieve my goals, but I am sure some of them will fall through the cracks because life happens and I am realistic like that. Without further ado, here are my Resolutions for 2013...
- Continue working on losing my 50 pounds - If you want to know how I am doing, see my Weight-loss Wednesday posts where I am blogging my weight loss journey.
- Finish my Thomas Kinkade Cross-Stitch - This is a cross stitch I have been working on (off and on) for about 6 years. It is a beautiful chart that I started for my Step-Dad, but my issue with it is that it has no white space or empty space in it. I am determined to finish it before starting a new project and when I do finish it, I'll probably put the second Kinkade kit I bought to make for my step-dad on e-bay. I have nightmares about that cross-stitch, but I am going to finish it.
- Follow the FLYLady System - I have fluttered and almost started FLYing completely in 2012, but I didn't get all the way on the system like I wanted to. I know that when I follow the FLYLady system, it works for me and in 2013 I plan to get completely back on track with the system.
- Get Organized - This one goes with getting on the FLYLady system, but I am tired of thinking I know where something is only to search and search and finally find it somewhere completely unrelated. I am also tired of realizing I have something to do or somewhere to be the day I have to be there and not having things ready for it. I just have to get organized so I can function better.
- Craft More - I have a bazillion and one projects I want to do, but haven't gotten around to. I am hoping by getting more organized and my schedule under control, I will have more time to craft.
- Scrapbook More - I am realistic and I know that I will always be way behind in my scrapbooking, but I hope to have more time to scrapbook so I can at least feel like I am making progress.
- Study my Bible and Pray More - I can always use more Bible and prayer time.
- Blog Regularly - I apologize to all my readers for this year. I started off well and then somewhere along the way I got off track and got in a funk. Then at the end of the year I started thinking about why I started blogging in the first place and my desire to blog came back. I blog to get my thoughts written down somewhere. I blog to let others know what works for me and what doesn't. I blog as my journal. Along the way I hope someone is reading and getting something from my blog, but if not that is okay too I'll keep writing.