Monday, December 31, 2012

A New Year, New Resolutions

I can't believe that today is New Year's Eve!  Wow!  This year has truly just flown by.  It seems like just yesterday I was anticipating events that would happen for us this year and now they have flown past in the blink of an eye.  I think my mind is still stuck in June even though the calendar is at the end of December and tomorrow will be a brand new year.  It's okay, I'm ready for a new year...I think,  maybe.

A New Year means it is time to reflect and make some changes and yes, I'm going to call them resolutions.  I know some people don't like to make resolutions and I know some people say that by making them you are setting yourself up to fail, but I have always looked at them as a fresh start, a chance to get it right, and a goal to attain.  I am going to do my best to keep them and achieve my goals, but I am sure some of them will fall through the cracks because life happens and I am realistic like that.  Without further ado, here are my Resolutions for 2013...

  • Continue working on losing my 50 pounds - If you want to know how I am doing, see my Weight-loss Wednesday posts where I am blogging my weight loss journey.
  • Finish my Thomas Kinkade Cross-Stitch - This is a cross stitch I have been working on (off and on) for about 6 years.  It is a beautiful chart that I started for my Step-Dad, but my issue with it is that it has no white space or empty space in it.  I am determined to finish it before starting a new project and when I do finish it, I'll probably put the second Kinkade kit I bought to make for my step-dad on e-bay.  I have nightmares about that cross-stitch, but I am going to finish it.  
  • Follow the FLYLady System - I have fluttered and almost started FLYing completely in 2012, but I didn't get all the way on the system like I wanted to.  I know that when I follow the FLYLady system, it works for me and in 2013 I plan to get completely back on track with the system.
  • Get Organized - This one goes with getting on the FLYLady system, but I am tired of thinking I know where something is only to search and search and finally find it somewhere completely unrelated.  I am also tired of realizing I have something to do or somewhere to be the day I have to be there and not having things ready for it.  I just have to get organized so I can function better.
  • Craft More - I have a bazillion and one projects I want to do, but haven't gotten around to.  I am hoping by getting more organized and my schedule under control, I will have more time to craft.
  • Scrapbook More - I am realistic and I know that I will always be way behind in my scrapbooking, but I hope to have more time to scrapbook so I can at least feel like I am making progress.
  • Study my Bible and Pray More - I can always use more Bible and prayer time.
  • Blog Regularly - I apologize to all my readers for this year.  I started off well and then somewhere along the way I got off track and got in a funk.  Then at the end of the year I started thinking about why I started blogging in the first place and my desire to blog came back.  I blog to get my thoughts written down somewhere.  I blog to let others know what works for me and what doesn't.  I blog as my journal.  Along the way I hope someone is reading and getting something from my blog, but if not that is okay too I'll keep writing.
That is where I am starting with my Resolutions.  I want to wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I hope you all are safe and warm tonight, surrounded by those you love waiting for the ball to drop and bring us a brand new year, a new start, and a fresh chance to change those things we have been wanting to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!