Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Weight-loss Wednesday

I can't believe it is Wednesday again already.  Where is the time going?  Before we know it, it will be Christmas.  Time flies!  This week I have been busy making changes and sticking to them.  At first they were hard, but they are getting easier and easier and just a part of my normal routine now.  This past Saturday, I implemented my no coffee and no unnatural sugar (I can eat fruit, but not foods with sugar added if that makes sense to you).  At first the no coffee was difficult and even though I had been cutting back (okay, way back) on my coffee I still had horrible headaches.  The truth is that I was addicted to coffee and I was trying to use it to fuel my body, but it wasn't working.  I was drinking way more than I should have been and once I cut out coffee completely, I deserved to have the headaches to remind me that if I am going to abuse my body, I will have consequences.  Over the weekend I did feel tired and sluggish as my body got rid of all the bad stuff that was left in it, but I am happy to report that I am feeling much better now and have more energy.  I have changed my diet and loaded it with lots of fiber, whole grains, vegetables, and fruit and not only am I truly loving the foods I am eating, I know that I am now eating for a purpose which is to fuel my body not just fill my belly.  I also increased my water intake A LOT and that really helps me.  Since making these changes I am getting results.  My clothes are fitting differently and I am excited today to report that I have lost another...drumroll, please...two and a half pounds!


Changes implemented:
Go caffeine free starting 12/1/12
Start 30 day fitness challenge 12/3/12 (I started on Monday, not on Saturday like I originally planned due to headaches from coming off of caffeine and sugar.)
Increased water intake - 12/1/12
Reduced sugar intake - 12/1/12

Weight to lose: 47 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!