Sunday, January 13, 2013

Menu Plan for January

This year I am trying to be more organized and on top of things.  I have had menu plan on my to do list for months.  Every week this little task pops up on there and every week I struggle through and fumble, bumble, and then eventually come up with something for dinner at the last minute.  It is a vicious and sometimes expensive cycle in our house especially when we are on the go because it means that I will give up and just pick up something for dinner.  That ends up blowing our out to eat budget and wasting food in our refrigerator.  Neither of which do me any good.  So the other day I wasn't feeling particularly motivated or good and I decided if I was going to sit around and rest, I might as well be productive.  I might as well get some menu planning done.  Then the thought occurred to me that I have about 70 bazillion things that I want to try on Pinterest, including a bunch of recipes, so I started sorting through my board on Pinterest called "Recipes to Try".  If you have never heard of or used Pinterest, I must tell you that I love it.  Pinterest is a place where you can pin all the great things you come across on the web in one place.  You can create separate boards for idea you run across and then you can go to one place and find all the cool ideas you have found on the web.  I pin recipes, desserts, crafts, beauty tips, homeschool ideas, and much more.  Then you can follow all your friends and see the ideas they pin and re-pin from the people you follow.  Pinterest is a little addictive (okay my hubby would say a lot addictive), but I truly love that I can put all the cool ideas I find in one place.  Feel free to come and follow all my boards (see the link that is attached to the P in my side bar) or just follow my board "Recipes to Try".  Here is the menu I came up with after sorting through my Recipes to Try board and deciding what would fit with our schedule.

  • January 13 - Forgotten Chicken - We had this for a late lunch today and it was DELICIOUS!  It will definitely go into our dinner rotation because it was E-A-S-Y and oh, so tasty.  I highly recommend it.
  • January 14 - Beef & Bean Taco Casserole
  • January 15 - Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
  • January 16 - Beef & Broccoli
  • January 17 - Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
  • January 18 - Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups (which I intend to add chicken to)
  • January 19 - Sausage and Pepperoni Stromboli
  • January 20 - Lentil Soup (this recipe is not in my Pinterest board, I created it myself)
  • January 21 - Taco Pie
  • January 22 - Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
  • January 23 - Enchirritos
  • January 24 - Chicken Cordon Bleu
  • January 25 - Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
  • January 26 - Asian Turkey Meatballs (this is in a group of recipes called 100 Healthy Six Sisters Recipes)
  • January 27 - Creamy Garlic Pasta
  • January 28 - Fake Out Take Out Chicken Lettuce Wraps
  • January 29 - Southwest Chicken Soup
  • January 30 - Smoked Turkey Cobb Wraps (this is in a group of recipes called 100 Healthy Six Sisters Recipes)
  • January 31 - Taco Roll-ups
I will update you with what recipes we liked, what recipes we will make again, and what recipes just are not for us.  Even though it took a little time to come up with my menu plan, I am happy that I did.  Grocery shopping was a breeze this week because I knew exactly what I needed and I didn't have to guess or forget something.  Grocery shopping will be easy the rest of the month too since I know the menu plan.  I intend to plan out February's menu soon too using a little bit different method, but once I get it planned I will share it with you.  Let me know if you try any of these recipes or if you start following any of my boards on Pinterest.  I appreciate all support and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!