- January 13 - Forgotten Chicken - We had this for a late lunch and it was DELICIOUS! It will definitely go into our dinner rotation because it was E-A-S-Y and oh, so tasty. I highly recommend it.
- January 14 - Beef & Bean Taco Casserole - This one reminded of an appetizer dip recipe I've had for years and we really liked this one. You can eat it burrito style by using it as filling for a tortilla shell or eat it as a dip with tortilla chips. Both ways was pretty tasty and I would make this one again.
- January 15 - Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup - This was not my favorite version of this soup. I have had a chicken enchilada soup in the past that was hearty and more filling than this one. So if I made this recipe again I would put in more chicken, beans, and add in some masa harina (ground corn flour) to thicken it a little.
- January 16 - Beef & Broccoli - I ended up getting sick and we never tried out this recipe so I am trying to work it into our rotation again so we can try it.
- January 17 - Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken - This was VERY good. We really liked it. I didn't add the optional jalapenos it called for since my kids were eating it too and they don't like their food too spicy. If I was making it for just my hubby and me, I would go ahead and add some jalapeno, but the flavor was still really good without the extra spice and we will definitely make this again.
- January 18 - Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups - I ended up cooking some sausage and adding it into this recipe because the original one didn't have any meat in it and I wanted these to be a little more like a main dish instead of just a side dish. They were T-A-S-T-Y and Baby Bear gobbled up her dinner quickly that night. Usually she takes forever, but she kept saying how good they were and trust me they were good! They even reheated well and Buddy Bear and I devoured the leftovers before anyone else could take them. We will make them again.
- January 19 - Sausage and Pepperoni Stromboli - Oh my word!!! This one will be made repeatedly and everyone begged me to make it again and again and again....
- January 20 - Lentil Soup (this recipe is not in my Pinterest board, I created it myself)
- January 21 - Taco Pie - This is one recipe that is just not for us. It had barbecue sauce and taco seasoning in it and that was just a combination that we did not like. I would not make this one again, but it was just a matter of personal taste.
- January 22 - Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup - We didn't use the ricotta cheese that this recipe called for. My hubby is just not a big fan of ricotta and usually when I make my lasagna I use cottage cheese. This time I just left out the ricotta and the soup was just okay. I guess maybe I should have followed the recipe exactly. I am undecided as to whether or not I would make this again.
- January 23 - Enchirritos - Oh so T-A-S-T-Y!!! This one is a keeper and we will definitely make it repeatedly. I could go on and on about this one, but you just have to make it for yourself. It is worth every calorie.
- January 24 - Chicken Cordon Bleu - This was a quick and easy version of chicken cordon bleu and it was very good. It reheated well and we would eat this again.
- January 25 - Cheesy Vegetable Chowder - We really liked this quick and easy soup. It was a great way to use up some of our veggies from the freezer and the leftovers reheated well. All of these things are qualities of a good recipe in this house, one that will be made again.
- January 26 - Asian Turkey Meatballs (this is in a group of recipes called 100 Healthy Six Sisters Recipes) - We had this one as a late afternoon lunch and it was very good and very filling. Everyone liked it and I would definitely make it again.
- January 27 - Creamy Garlic Pasta - WOW!!!! That was the only thing I could say about this recipe as I was trying it. I am a pasta lover and this one had my taste buds in pure bliss. It was worth every calorie and I will make it again.
- January 28 - Fake Out Take Out Chicken Lettuce Wraps - I only used half the amount of brown sugar that is called for in this recipe because we just are not fans of sweet meat for dinner. My family really did like these and I will make them again and probably use even less brown sugar just because of our tastes.
- January 29 - Southwest Chicken Soup - This one was like a white chicken chili and I initially thought that my kids would not like it, but they gobbled it up and asked for seconds. We will definitely make this one again.
- January 30 - Smoked Turkey Cobb Wraps (this is in a group of recipes called 100 Healthy Six Sisters Recipes) - These were quick and easy to make and they were healthy and tasty. We will definitely have them again.
- January 31 - Taco Roll-ups - These just didn't turn out right for me. I was in a rush when I tried to make them and something was just off. I will try making them again as we love Mexican food and I want to give the recipe a fair try.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Menu Plan Review
In January I planned out many of the meals we had using the recipes I have pinned on Pinterest. I love to try new things and I have a lot of recipes saved on my Pinterest boards. All of the recipes in this post you can find on my board "Recipes to Try" except for the recipe for lentil soup which is just a recipe I make in my head when I cook it. I promised to come back and let you know how the meals were and what we liked. So here it goes...