Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Weight-Loss Wednesday

I have been blogging about my weight loss journey since the beginning of December and although sometimes I haven't wanted to blog, I have.  I think it is important to be real in my journey and for you to know that I have struggled, I have had ups and downs, and I have had days where I just haven't wanted to do what I know I should be doing.  Somedays instead of this feeling like a journey it has felt like a battle and all of the old comforts that I have loved have beckoned me and tempted me.  In the end I know it is just not worth it and it is really just moments of weakness, but they have been struggles.  I am still working on a concrete plan that I wish I could tell you was a guarantee to work, but the truth is that I am human and I am just taking it all one step at a time.  I have to face each decision as they come and choose in that moment what I am going to do - will I give in or will I push through?  That being said this past week I have chosen not to focus so much on my weight.  I decided to take a break and not worry about the scale.  It is not something I do every week, but every once in awhile my focus gets off and I get way too worried about a number defining me which is exactly what I do not want to do.  So I didn't weigh every day, I didn't exercise every day (my body was really, really sore and I needed to take a break before I got injured), and I even had a few desserts in the last week.  I didn't just fall off the wagon and cave into every whim, but I did try to make sure I got in plenty of water, ate fruits and veggies every day, and do some little things that aren't really exercise, but burned a few calories - I ran up and down the stairs a few more times, squatted a few extra times grabbing the laundry, etc.  I just didn't focus so hard on a number on the scale and a formal form of exercise.  I needed a mental break.  It was a good thing because I actually ended up breaking my plateau and losing 1.5 pounds.  I am pretty happy about breaking the plateau and I think it will help me find some focus to get completely back on the right track.  So as of today I have lost a total of 9.5 pounds and that is a good thing.


Changes implemented:
Reintroduce limited caffeine starting 12/21/12
Finish first 30 day fitness challenge 1/30/13
Start 30 Day Fitness Challenge at high intensity 2/1/13 - I stopped this last week due to muscle fatigue, it kept working out the same muscles over and over to the point that I felt if I continued at the high intensity level, I would get injured.  I am in the process of getting started on a different workout and I will add this one back in eventually.
Increased water intake - 12/1/12
Reduced sugar intake - 12/1/12

Weight to lose: 40 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!