Wednesday, April 3, 2013

5 Authors I Have Been Reading Lately

I have made no secret about my love of reading.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read.  I wish I had more time to read, but being busy with my family, church, and my new business doesn't leave me with as much time to read as I would like to.  I thought today I would share some of the authors whose books I have been reading lately.  I read a wide range of books although I do tend to get hooked on certain authors and will return to them time and again until I have read all that they have written.

1.  Sandra D. Bricker - She is an Christian fiction author and she keeps my attention with humorous, yet relatable books.  I love the fact that in her series I read that started with the book, Always the Baker, Never the Bride, she developed the characters in the first story and then used them with added characters throughout the rest of the series.

2.  Lynn Austin - She is also a Christian author and I love her historical based writing.  I started by reading her Refiner's Fire series set in the Civil War and I couldn't put it down.  I am currently reading through her Chronicles of the Kings series and it is another series I find myself staying up way too late to read "just a few more pages."

3.  Nicholas Sparks - What can I say?  I am a sucker for a good tear jerker that sucks you in from the first few pages and captures your attention so that you have to keep reading.

4.  Kathy Herman - She is a Christian suspense author.  I love a great suspense book and I have read through her Sophie Trace Trilogy Series and am currently reading through her Secrets of the Roux River Bayou Series.  Both have been excellent and just as you think you have it figured out the book does a great turn and keeps you flipping pages.

5.  Cynthia Heald - She is a Christian author.  The book I am currently reading by her is the first book I have read of hers, but I am really enjoying it.  It is set up as a study book for growth in your Christian life.  She has some great insights and has brought up some valid points I never thought of before.

These are just the authors I have been reading in the last couple of months.  I have a bazillion books to read on my Kindle App and the list just grows every day thanks to all the free books out there.  I hope you love reading as much as I do and I would love to know what authors are your favorite.

*I am not affiliated with these authors in any way and they are not compensating me for posting this, I am sharing of my own accord who I have been reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!