Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Funday

Fridays!  Oh how I love you!  I LOVE Fridays.  They mean the weekend is coming, family time, and a relaxed schedule for the weekend.  No setting the alarm clock extra early on the weekend and no going to bed early to be up at the crack of dawn the next day.  These are just a few of the reasons I love Friday.  I also love it because school usually takes us a little less time on Fridays.  We almost always finish our school by lunch on Fridays (we don't eat lunch until about 1:00).  Fridays are just an all-around laid back day for us.  It is the day my hubby can usually be home earlier and the day we just get to chill for the evening.

Friday is also officially "pizza night" in our house.  We started this tradition earlier this year and it is a blessing to me because I know what will be for dinner on at least one night a week.  Sometimes we order pizza on Fridays, but more often than not, I make some version of pizza at home - calzones, thin crust pizza, deep dish pizza, pizza casserole, cauliflower crust pizza, or some other variation.  I guess now I will have to share some of my pizza recipes sometime.

Fridays also tend to be a game night for us.  Some of our favorite family games right now are Tenzi, Skipbo, Phase Ten, Uno, Yahtzee, and Farkle.  We own tons of games, but it seems we have been in a dice and cards phase lately.  We usually eat our pizza and then throw down some games while listening to music or watching TV.  It is a fun, family evening.  I am happy we have this tradition in our family.  It gives us something to look forward to all week.  What do you do for Friday Funday?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!