Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Weight-loss Wednesday

I have been on a journey for a little over a year now and I think it is time that I share my journey with you.  The journey I have been on is not for everyone and some will say that it was not necessary, but it was necessary to me.  The journey I have been on is a weight loss journey.  In July of 2014 I knew that I needed to do something about my weight.  Many will say I was not that overweight or not that heavy, but the truth is my weight was really affecting my health.  My weight was affecting my asthma, my energy level, and my ability to keep up with my family.  I had discussed my need to lose weight with my doctor and she did agree that losing weight would help my health and she provided very sensible ideas for me.  The ideas she talked about lined up with an eating plan that a friend introduced me to.  My friend had been introduced to the plan by her friend who saw much success and my friend was having success on the eating plan so I decided to find the book and try it.  I really had nothing to lose (but weight) and I was at the point that I knew I had to do something.  So I jumped in....

In July of 2014 I started on the Trim Healthy Mama plan.  This plan is super easy, once you figure out the basics, and it doesn't require me to fix separate meals for my family.  They can eat exactly the same meals as I do and they like the on plan meals I fix.  The basics of the plan are to cut out the white things in your diet - white sugar, potatoes, white bread, white (regular) flour, base your meal on protein, and load up on the veggies.  Trim Healthy Mama focuses on keeping your blood sugar levels even so they don't spike (high or low) and cause big crashes which cause cravings, overeating, and lead to grabbing the first thing in front of you which in my case it used to be a not so healthy option.  I love that on the Trim Healthy Mama (THM) plan all of the foods are normal foods and many of the foods I already kept in my pantry and fridge.  The THM plan focuses on one meal at a time and if you have an "off plan" meal, you don't blow your whole way of eating and have to start all over.  If you go "off plan," you just jump right back in with your next snack or meal.  I am not hungry all the time anymore and I don't crave sweets ALL the time like I did when I was addicted to regular sugar.  I am very happy with the results I have had so far and I am very fulfilled with the food I eat.  I can eat at home, on the go, and at my favorite restaurants.  It is easy and I don't feel deprived at all.  The THM plan is not for everyone, but it does work.  I am not saying you should run out and try it, I am merely saying it is working for me.

I have lost almost 30 pounds and I am feeling much better.  The doctor is very happy with my results so far and she knows and has approved me losing more.  It took me almost a year to get the 30 pounds off, but I am okay with that.  I have learned a lot along the way and I feel by it coming off slowly, I will be able to maintain my weight loss.  You will see in my side bar that I am an affiliate for the Trim Healthy Mama store.  This just means when you shop through my link I earn a little extra money to buy my own products from the store.  Please feel free to check out the store through that link and order if you would like to.  Let me know if you decide to try THM for yourself.  I would love to cheer you on through your journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!