Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Faves: Soup

Hello Friday!  I can't believe you are here already, but I am happy for the weekend.  It has been pretty cold in our area lately and the weatherman says it is supposed to be very cold at the beginning of next week too.  So I thought the timing was just right to talk about soup.   Here at our house, we love soup.  It is a year round food for us and something that is usually quick and easy to prepare. It is one of our "go to" meals on a busy night when we need to get out the door and it is one of our favorite comfort foods.  I even use soup when we have game nights with friends.  I will provide the soup and salads and they bring finger foods and desserts, it is a great arrangement.

Today I am going to share our ten of our favorite soups with you, rest assured we have way more than ten favorite soups, but I don't want to overwhelm you with all of them.  All of the links will go to the recipes I have pinned for them on Pinterest so that you can quickly pin them too if you want.  So without further ado here they are:

Ten of Our Favorite Soups
(in no particular order)
  1. Stuffed Pepper Soup - I can't get my family to eat stuffed peppers for the life of me, but turn it into soup and they gobble it up.  For our personal preferences I omit the brown sugar in this recipe and I cook my rice on the side so it doesn't get too mushy by soaking up the soup broth.  Hubby and I also like to add hot sauce for a nice kick of flavor
  2. Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup - This one is on our menu at least once a month if not more often.  I have made it just as it is written and love it.  I also have now adjusted it to my THM eating plan by omitting the potatoes and subbing in cut up cauliflower for them.  My family loves it both ways.
  3. Chicken Bacon Crock Pot Chowder - I cook my bacon on the stove and crumble into each individual bowl so it stays crisp.  The family loves this one enough that they don't even complain about the mushrooms in it (you can omit them and it is still really good).
  4. Slow Cooker Chicken and Quinoa Chili - We just tried this recipe for the first time this month and my family LOVES it, so much so that I made it again last night and my son ate the leftovers warmed up for breakfast today.  They are already asking for it to be on the menu for next month.  This makes it a WINNER in my book.
  5. Original Taco Soup Crock Pot Recipe - We LOVE this taco soup recipe from the blog A Year of Slow Cooking (I love her blog too).  It truly is a family favorite that I make about once a month.  We top it with sour cream, cheese, and broken up tortilla chips....YUM!
  6. Italian Meatball Soup - This recipe is from the Pioneer Woman and we love it.  I have made it just as written.  Sometimes I serve it with rice in it and sometimes I add noodles to it (both cooked separately from the soup so they don't get mushy) just depends on what we have and how we are feeling.  I have also played with taking out the potato and subbing in cauliflower and it is pretty good like that too.
  7. Lentil Soup - We love this soup that I created and put on my blog a couple of years ago.  
  8. Pizza Soup - My creative son cooked up this soup for us and I shared it with you a couple of weeks ago.  We love it and hope you will too.
  9. Cheesy Vegetable Chowder - This one is easy and super tasty.  It is a great way to use up veggies and my kids love it.
  10. Crock Pot Pasta Fagioli - This is my favorite soup at Olive Garden so I was delighted to find a recipe for it that tastes just like the soup at the restaurant.  It is another one from A Year of Slow Cooking, I told you I love her blog.  We love it just the way it is written.
There you have it, ten of our favorite soup recipes.  Let me know if you try them and which ones you like.  Also let me know what your favorite soup is, you never know it might end up on our menu.

2 comments:

  1. sounds good to me...send your Mom some recipes please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put in the links to my Pinterest pins so you can easily find them. Love ya mom!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!