Friday, January 8, 2016

My 2016 Reading List

I have made no secret of my love of reading.  I have shared what I have been reading a few times here.  I have also admitted that I am usually reading more that one book at any given time.  So today I thought I would take a moment and share with you what is on my reading list for 2016.  I am positive that I will be adding to this list as the year goes on and I will let you know when I do.

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst - I read this book in the spring of last year and I picked up to re-read at the end of last year.  I am working through it again because it has SO much good stuff in it.  Every time I pick up this book and start reading I feel like I get something out of this book, something I didn't see before or a new understanding of some Scripture.

Taming the To-Do List: How to Choose Your Best Work Every Day by Glynnis Whitwer - I started this book last year as part of a Proverbs 31 Bible Study, but I have to admit the Bible study moved too fast for me and I got behind and I had to put this book on hold.  This year I am ready to tackle this book again, but at my speed.  I know it has great things in it and I am looking forward to reading it again.

Cultivating Contentment Women of Faith Study Guide Series - This is the book our Women's Bible Study at my church is doing.  We will finish it this year and I really am enjoying it.  It is practical and who doesn't need contentment in their life?  I know I certainly do and this is an area I am really working on.  

The Money Saving Mom's Budget by Crystal Paine - I am looking forward to reading this one.  I shared our huge news of paying off my student loans here and I can't tell you how exciting this is for our family.  It is HUGE to not be strapped down to that debt anymore.  Now my brain is churning about what else we can pay off/pay down.  I think this book will help me focus on that and help us find extra money we didn't even know we had.

Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst - I have had this one on my bookshelf for awhile and I truly intend to read it this year as I have heard lots of wonderful things about it.

The Promise of Security by Beth Moore
Feathers From My Nest by Beth Moore
Breaking Free Day by Day by Beth Moore
Believing God by Beth Moore
Further Still by Beth Moore - All of these books by Beth Moore I downloaded when they were free on my Kindle.  I love her Bible studies and I am looking forward to reading through these books and more by her.  

These are just the non-fiction books sitting on my shelf and on my virtual shelf.  I can't even begin to list all the fiction books I want to read, that list is so long it isn't even funny.  I am a little excited for the cold weather coming our way this weekend and the beginning of next week so I can curl up with a hot cup of coffee or tea and one of these books.  The cold is a great excuse for reading time, right?  

What is currently on your bookshelf to read?

Check out my blogging friends and see what they are reading too...


Our Must Read Books for 2016 {Dad & Mum's Book Stand}

4 comments:

  1. I seriously just bought Cultivating Contentment yesterday. My list: Cult. Cont., Discovering God's Will for Your Life, James by Beth Moore, Powers of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just recently I finished Fervent by Priscilla Shirer (from the movie War Room). I strongly suggest it. The book is a must read for a powerful prayer life.
    Love your blog, though I don't always get a chance to comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be putting that book on my to read list. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!