Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Typical Day in Our Homeschool

This week I thought I would share with you what a day in our school looks like.  This is a picture journal of sorts and the pictures were not captured on just one single day, but they will walk you through what a typical day looks like for us.  I took the pictures over a few days because my kids got camera shy every time they caught me with the camera out.  Some days they are just super helpful like that.  :)

My days start with reading my Bible, Scripture Writing, and coffee.

I check our curriculum to see what we will work on for the day.  This picture also shows our grade book.  I do all the grading at the end of our school day and record the grades.


These two pictures show how the kids know which books we need each day.

Every day we have readers we have to read.

School on the computer.  We have several different classes we do on the computer.

Reading for history

I teach the materials and then he does the book work while I am working with his sister.

Handwriting - she is learning cursive this year.

Spelling - one of her favorite subjects

She works on her book work while I am teaching my son. 

She is working on a science program on the computer (a review is coming for this one).

She is working on language arts

We have readers for her too.  Some I read to her and she reads some to me.

This year we are getting to try some fun things thanks to the Schoolhouse Review Crew and we get to play while we learn. Here is the sneak peek of that (there is more coming on this later):

 They are using the Faith Builders Bible by Zonderkidz to build scenes from the Bible

That is it.  Pretty simple.  Our days are not typically too complicated and the kids do a great job of working hard.  We typically work through all the reading parts like history, our readers, Bible, and science with my son first thing in the morning and my daughter does her book work then they switch.  My son does his book work and we work through the reading parts for history, readers, Bible, and science with my daughter.  We have a good system going that makes our school day flow well.  

What does a day in your homeschool look like?  I would love to see it or hear about it.  Also this week my fellow Schoolhouse Review Crew bloggers are sharing what their days look like too.  Check out my blogging friends by clicking on the picture below (the link will work beginning Friday, February 19).
A Day in Our Homeschool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!