Monday, February 8, 2016

Cutting the Planning Madness

Monday is here again already and if you are like me it was a long weekend.  It was a happy weekend, my Broncos won the Super Bowl and Peyton Manning has a 2nd Super Bowl victory.  Peyton is my football guy.  I have been a fan of his since I started watching football.  The game went late and you know I had to stay up and see what Peyton was saying about possible retirement (of course he isn't talking about it yet).  Even though I was up late and I am pretty tired, my Monday is still on track.  Why?  Thanks to my awesome planner!

You guys know I am a list maker and this is exactly what my planner helps me do.  My planner helps me cut the (every day) madness by helping me be prepared.  Over the years I have had a lot of planners and I have found some that I liked and some that just didn't work for me.  I have even used 2 or 3 planners at once trying to make them work and trying to stay organized which was just crazy because things would get written in one planner, but not the others and I ended up missing things or being late.  Not cool!  So not cool!  I think that I spent way too many years trying to be frugal and get a cheap planner, but they didn't always work.  This past summer a friend posted about the planner she uses and it caught my attention.  I started checking it out and decided I would order it and try it out.  At the time I ordered my planner I thought it was a little pricey compared to the few bucks I used to spend, but now that I have used it for 7 months I know it was well worth the money and I will definitely be buying the same planner for next year.  I know you are telling me right now...uh, it is next year.  Yes, yes it is, but the planner runs for the school year so it goes from July - June.  I use the Well Planned Day Family Homeschool Planner designed by the Well Planned Gal.  This planner is probably not for everyone, but I LOVE it.  It has a place where I could list out the school work for each child each day, but I don't do that since our curriculum lists out the work for me already.  I use this area to list out the chores I need to get done, blog work, errands we need to run.  It also has a place each week for tasks you need to accomplish throughout the week.  I use this to write down on going projects, you know those projects that need to get done by the end of the day but they don't necessarily fit into only one day.  The planner has a spot for you to write out your weekly menu plan so I can quickly glance over and see what is for dinner.  The planner also has shopping lists for each month that tear out to take with you.  It has a place to record student records - attendance, grades, highlights, etc.  It has the whole month at a glance at the very beginning of each month.  It also has monthly devotionals and weekly tips in it.  This planner even includes areas for budgeting, Christmas gifts, contacts, and more.  I really love how it helps me keep things organized.  My planner is my go to item in the morning after Bible time so that I see what we have going on for the day and what is coming up for the rest of the week.  My planner cuts the madness in our house by helping me get everything scheduled and everyone to the right place at the right time. Here are some pictures of what the pages in it look like (I apologize for the fuzzy pictures I think the camera needs fresh batteries).

The week at a glance (ignore the clutter on the counter)

This shows the menu planning area and the tip for the week.

The month at a glance

Shopping lists and devotional

Attendance and grading pages

Budgeting area for the month


How do you cut the planning madness?  Do you have a favorite planner you use?

*I was in no way compensated for this post nor was I asked to post my opinion.  These are just my honest opinions of a product that I love and that works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!