Friday, March 4, 2016

So It Begins...

We moved out here to our house in the country almost 11 years ago.  It had been a bank repo and most of the things that needed to be done were cosmetic fixes.  There were some very odd things missing like the pipe to the shower head in one bathroom, the ring that goes on the wall at the top of the pipe to the shower head in the other bathroom, and door stoppers.  The neighbors that used to live next door told us that the people that lived in this house had a big garage sale in which they sold off these parts.  REALLY?  I have never went to a garage sale thinking..."Hmmm...wonder if they have a shower pipe for sale?"  Apparently they thought they would be making big bucks off of tiny parts or they really just wanted to annoy the next home owner, I am not sure which one.  Anyway, we have slowly worked out way through the house fixing it up room by room after we had fixed the initial things that had to be taken care of right away.  We have fixed up our basement, the small bathroom, my son's room, my daughter's room, and the living room.  

We are finally on to remodeling the kitchen.  I have been waiting for this for 11 years!  I have shared my love of cooking and baking with you before so I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for this remodel.  I am getting to pick the layout of my kitchen, the colors, and most recently the floor.  We are starting with the kitchen floor.  It is in desperate need of replacement.  The floor we are replacing was a cheap laminate that is stained, torn up, and just doesn't clean well.  To be very honest with you, I hated it from the first time we looked at our house, but it was just a floor so I could deal with it.  Over the years we have had to do some quick fixes to it and it just looked TERRIBLE.  So today I am sharing the before pictures of my kitchen floor with you while our contractor friend is here laying down the new floor.  I will share those pictures with you next week.
Dining room and entry way to our bedroom
A view of just the dining room
Looking into the current kitchen
See those rugs, they are hiding spots where we had to fix the floor before now.
Bonus perk (ha, I couldn't resist) I get to have the coffee pot in my bedroom right now!

Have you ever tackled a BIG remodeling project?  Do you have any tips for keeping my sanity through it all?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your remodel. You have been very patient. Remodels tend to take longer than quoted and cost more than the original bid. Expect the worst, hope for the best and remain calm with the little hiccups that pop up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! It has been an adventure already and we are just getting started.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!