|Here is the before picture when we had to more the dresser as we were re-doing the kitchen floor.|
|The paint I used to match the bookcase (excuse the mess) and corner shelf I painted a few years ago.|
I cleaned out the dresser and find better spots for all the "stuff" in the dresser and took the drawers out of the dresser before we moved it to the garage.
Of course I picked a super HOT day to do this you know so the paint would dry faster...not because I have bad timing. Anyway once the dresser was in the garage, I began by deciding what I wanted the dresser to look like in the end and this required removing the decorative wood piece at the bottom of the dresser and removing the pieces of wood between the drawers. Buddy was happy to help with this part! Hubby helped me remove the drawer slides as the screws were stripped out and I couldn't get them out by myself. The next step was to lightly sand the entire shell of the dresser I was left with. This helps the primer stick a little better and it helps even out the rough spots. After sanding, I primed the front, sides, top, and inside of the dresser/desk with a good chalk based primer.
|Primed and ready for paint|
|The finished desk (sorry for the computer glare).|