Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday 'Fess Up

Happy Friday All!!!  I am sighing today because we made it through a long week and the weekend is in sight.  We are on day #8 of school and it seems to be going very well.  Our routine is falling into place nicely and the kids are learning new things...win, win!
A Glimpse of Normal blog, Friday Fess Up
Now it is time to fess up part though and tell you that what I haven't won on lately was my Summer Project List that I wrote about earlier this year.  I am sure that I over planned for being able to get projects done and I think we took a more relaxed approach to summer this year.  I also ended up working on a few more things that were not on my list for the summer than those that were on the list.  Such is life I suppose!  Here was my original list of what I wanted to accomplish:
  • Finish cross stitch of wolves for my son
  • Transform an old dresser into a desk with storage
  • Start remodeling our master bedroom
  • Scrapbook 50 layouts
  • Bake 15 new cupcakes from my Pinterest board
  • De-clutter my office/scraproom
  • Teach my daughter to sew
  • Sew my own skirt
  • Sew a dress for my daughter
  • Go blueberry picking more than once
  • Make blueberry desserts
  • Cut out and hang the Bible verse in our living room
  • Finish hanging decorations in my kitchen
  • Make decorative fence for our strawberry patch
  • Make 15 crafts off of Pinterest
  • Read 10 books for fun
Here is what I actually did accomplish off of the list:
  • Finish cross stitch of wolves for my son   -  This is not finished yet, but it is certainly closer to being done.  Here is a progress picture I posted on Instagram the other day.  
    Top left is earlier this week, top right is zoomed out so you can see all I have finished so far, bottom left is about one month ago, and bottom right is earlier this year when I picked this project up again.
  • Transform an old dresser into a desk with storage  -  Done and I will be posting this on the blog next week.
  • Start remodeling our master bedroom  -  I bought some decorations does that count?  Not anywhere close to done.
  • Scrapbook 50 layouts  - Failed - I don't think I even scrapbooked this summer.
  • Bake 15 new cupcakes from my Pinterest board  -  Failed - it got way too hot to bake because we don't have air conditioning.
  • De-clutter my office/scraproom  - I started, but still need to finish this.
  • Teach my daughter to sew  -  Failed - Once we settle in a little more to school this year, we will start working on this as part of school.
  • Sew my own skirt  -  Failed
  • Sew a dress for my daughter  -  Failed
  • Go blueberry picking more than once  - Done!  We love blueberry picking and had a lot of fun eating and picking and eating.  We picked over 50 pounds of blueberries this year.
  • Make blueberry desserts  - Done!  I tried using gluten free flour and our desserts just didn't turn out the same so I will definitely make some more this fall with regular flout this time.
  • Cut out and hang the Bible verse in our living room  - Failed
  • Finish hanging decorations in my kitchen  - Half done?  I got a few things hung back up in the kitchen, but I have more to decorate with so I am not quite finished yet.
  • Make decorative fence for our strawberry patch  -  We found our strawberry patch once this summer and then the ants took over so I postponed the fence building.
  • Make 15 crafts off of Pinterest  -  Failed
  • Read 10 books for fun  -  Failed - I think I read less than 5 books for fun this summer, but in my defense when I wrote this list I didn't know I would go back to planning my own lessons for my son.  Research for what we wanted to do for school for him took more time this summer than I thought so I didn't get as many books in.
So now I think I will make a list of the things I want to do before the end of the year.  Here they are:
  • Finish cross stitch of wolves for my son
  • Start remodeling our master bedroom
  • Scrapbook 50 layouts
  • Bake 15 new cupcakes from my Pinterest board
  • De-clutter my office/scraproom
  • Teach my daughter to sew
  • Sew my own skirt
  • Sew a dress for my daughter
  • Cut out and hang the Bible verse in our living room
  • Finish hanging decorations in my kitchen
  • Make decorative fence for our strawberry patch
  • Make 15 crafts off of Pinterest
  • Read 10 books for fun
It didn't change that much did it?  Oh well, I guess I have some things to work on.  I am off to tackle some projects, dishes, and finish my grading for the week.  What kinds of things are on your to do list for the rest of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!