Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday Throwdown

Today I thought I would just throw down some of the random things just to share and keep it real.  We have been pretty busy and there are a lot of things I want to blog about, but finding the time to get it all written has been challenging.  So here comes a random post of random things.  Ready?

  1. I am pretty sure I broke my toe this summer.  Remember this dresser makeover I did?  Well I was being silly and trying to flip the dresser up by myself and wearing flip flops to do the project which was not the best idea.  The dresser slipped when I was flipping it and hopped my flip flop, skinned my toe, and landed right on it.  I am pretty sure it was just a hairline fracture, but then we spent a week at church camp walking about 5 miles a day so that pretty much sealed the deal.  No, I never went to the doctor, but other than feeling extemely bruised at the time it didn't bother me too much.
    A Glimpse of Normal blog
    This is my toe the day I dropped the dresser on it.  It proceeded to turn beautiful colors after this.  :)
  2. We spent an AWESOME week at Family Camp this summer.  It has become a tradition for us to go to family church camp and it is always amazing.  This year was no exception.  It is a week of fun for the whole family and a week of fantastic sermons and soaking in the Word for me and hubby.  
    Hubby and I at family camp (photo credits to Buddy)
  3. Little Miss is taking horse lessons and has ridden in a couple of horse shows now.  She has one more horse show this year and we are really looking forward to it.  A post about this is coming soon, it is pretty cool how it all worked out.
    Little Miss on Shadow
  4. We have been camping more this year than any other year.  Yes we camp in a tent and cook over a fire.  It has been really fun.  I even created a printable list of items we take camping with us.  I am sure I left a few things off though, I always forget something when we are camping.
    A fun game of baseball while camping with friends
  5. We still have not completely finished our kitchen makeover yet.  There are just a handful of things left to do, but they are waiting until the weather is cooler and we have a little more time.  I also have to make a really tough decision about back splash.  I keep picking one and then changing my mind....hence part of the delay in finishing this project.
  6. I have already begun to plan our master bedroom and master bathroom makeover, but there is no start date for these projects yet.  Doesn't stop me from searching on Pinterest though and planning.  
  7. My Instant Pot that I purchased this summer has become my go to method for cooking lately.  We have been running out the door a little more than normal lately and my instant pot has become a life saver.  If you have one you know what I am talking about and if you don't have one, I recommend it.
  8. School is in full swing for us.  We are over 30 days into our school year and so far it is going very well.  I am excited about what each of my kids have been learning and excited to watch them learn new concepts.
  9. I ripped out a crochet project that I have been working on (off and on again) for about 8 months.  I am terrible about setting down projects and getting side tracked by new ones.  This project was a poncho for Little Miss.  I was pretty close to finishing it, but when she tried it on, she decided that it just wasn't what she wanted.  So now I have started over on a new project poncho and it is coming along nicely and both of us like it better.
  10. I have been menu planning for almost a year now.  I posted my first menu plan on here in November of 2015.  I am happy that I have stuck with this and soon I will just be able to add to my menu plan boards instead of creating new ones each month.
That is it.  That's all the randomness I can think of right now.  I hope I didn't bore you to death, I just wanted to share our glimpse of normal with you.  Are there topics you would like to see me write about?  Comment below with those and I will see what I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!