Friday, March 31, 2017

March Rebooting Update

Let's start off with a little backstory for those of you who haven't been here before.  I have been on a journey to improve my health the past few years.  I started off really good and then somewhere along the way, I let life get too busy and my health journey took a backseat.  Then we started looking at moving and my journey went out the window as it was just get done what needs to get done and eat what is available.  February was a little better as we closed on the new house and moved.  I was at least moving a lot and doing a little better on my food choices, especially once we got moved.  So for March I was trying to focus on eating better and continuing to move.  So....how did I do?
A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Rebooting
I have been hitting my step goal most days of the week and the days that I don't hit my goal I get close.  I will tell you that my step goal has dropped some and I really want to work on getting it back up.  Is it okay to blame Daylight Savings Time?  The time change really kicked my tail this year.  I think it was because we had been so busy before the time changed that it all finally caught up with me.

I have been eating at least 2 out of 3 meals on plan almost every day this month.  I know I need to add in more snacks and get all of my meals on plan, but I am happy that I have been on plan for at least 1/2 of my meals each day.  I want to get all my meals on plan but I am taking it one day at a time.  I have also been drinking less soda and more water.  I can do even better on this one, but it is a start.

So what do I plan to change for April?
  • Eating plan – By the end of April I want to be fully on track with eating the Trim Healthy Mama (THM) way.  I am already on track for at least half my meals, but by the end of the month I want to be fully on track.
  • Water, Water, Water – I need to contine cutting the soda habit and get back to water.  I know my body needs the water and it will help me greatly.
  • Steps – I would love my step tracker to be telling me that I need 7,000+ steps consistently so I will be continuing to focus on getting the walking in.  I would love to have my tracker yelling at me for 10,000 steps by summer so I better keep up with the consistency.  I also find that I sleep a lot better when I hit and go over my step goal for the day. 
I am taking it all one day at a time and giving myself grace.  I don't know that I lost any weight this month because I still refuse to unpack that pesky scale, but I am feeling better.  I am a work in progress and that is good enough....



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!