Saturday, April 29, 2017

Chorizo & Sweet Potato Hash

Now that we are a little more settled into our dream barn, I have had more time to play in the kitchen.  More time to play in the kitchen means more time to come up with new recipes.  I got the idea for this recipe one night between trying to use up what was in the freezer and needing to go to the grocery store.  We all have those days right?  We know we should go to the grocery store, but we decide we can get by for one more day.  Yep, I came up with this recipe on one of those nights.  I decided that the combination of sweet and spicy would be perfect for dinner and that lead to this recipe.
Chorizo & Sweet Potato Hash, A Glimpse of Normal Blog, Recipes

Chorizo & Sweet Potato Hash
1 - 12-16.pkg of Chorizo - mild or hot (whatever level of spicy your family prefers)*
5-6 Medium Sweet Potatoes
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt - to taste
A Glimpse of Normal Blog

1.  Peel and chop sweet potatoes into cubes, no bigger than 1" or they will take forever to cook.
2.  Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to large skillet and heat skillet.
3.  Add chorizo and sweet potatoes to the pan.
4.  Add a sprinkling of salt over whole pan.
5.  Cook, turning occasionally until the sweet potatoes are cooked through, about 20 minutes.  Make sure the chorizo is mixed throughout the sweet potatoes.
A Glimpse of Normal Blog
*I had these rolls of Chorizo from Jimmy Dean that I got from a family member who knows we love spicy.  If you can't find rolls of Chorizo like I pictured, you can use Chorizo links that are about 12" long and have a thick casing on them.  Just use both links that come in the package and don't forget to cut open the casing and take it off.
A Glimpse of Normal Blog
My family loved this combination of sweet and spicy.  Hubby took one bite and said when are we having this again?  You could definitely add in some onions and green peppers if you wanted to, but I didn't this time because one of my family members it not a huge fan of cooked onions and peppers.  This recipe is a keeper in our house.  Let me know if you try it and what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!