- The pile of grading that I seriously just went through last week and now my kids have buried me in grading again.
- Getting grades entered into the tracking software I use. I DO have the grades recorded, but I just need to enter them into the tracking.
- Laundry....seriously, does it ever end?
- Dishes - yes they are last night's dishes...don't judge
- Catching up my calendar....more accurately my calendars - I have a great planner I use daily, but I don't carry it everywhere with me so I add dates to my phone. I was texting back and forth with my aunt yesterday and figuring out a meeting time for the horse club we are in and realized that I was really glad that we couldn't have the meeting on the day I had said okay to because we did ended up having a commitment I had forgotten about. It is just a matter of sitting down and double checking all the areas I keep track of dates.
- Blogging....it is something I am always working on in the back of my mind. I just need to get it written down. I have plenty of posts coming up, it is just getting the words to flow.
- Easter projects
- Picking out recipes for Easter dinner.
- Forms I need to get filled out
The mental to-do list just keeps going on and on. Can you see why my brain is mush right now? But the really cool thing about all of this is this...
As I was sitting here feeling frustrated because my brain feels like mush, God very promptly put this verse in my mind and on my heart. Matthew 11:28 "Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." (NLT Version) God knows I feel overwhelmed and weary today. He knows exactly what I am feeling. He also knows that I can either keep feeling this way or give it all to Him and let Him have it all. When I let Him have every burden I carry, HE will give me rest. That is exactly what He is doing for me today. As I started feeling overwhelmed I started praying and as I started telling God there was no way I could get everything done by myself, the more peace I started feeling. It sounds crazy, but when we give God our burdens, worries, fears, lists...He can fill us with peace and rest that only He can provide. My prayer today is:
Father God - Today I feel overwhelmed and I know I am not the only one who does. It feels like there is so much to do and not near enough time to get it all done. I feel tired and weary before I ever start doing the things I need to finish, but I know you don't want me to feel like that. Your word tells me when I am weary and have heavy burdens, I can come to you and you will give me rest. I pray for your rest today not only for me, but for anyone else that might be feeling like me today. Help us to give you all of our worries, fears, lists, and burdens so we can feel your rest and your peace. Thank you for the peace and rest that only you can provide. Help me see you in all that I do today. Amen.