Thursday, May 18, 2017

My Feature Wall

I LOVE going antique shopping!!!  I don't know what it is about looking at all the old treasures, but it intrigues me.  Back when we were searching for houses we looked at an old farmhouse that had the coolest feature wall in their dining room.  It was filled with antique kitchen tools and I fell in love with it.  Not longer after viewing that house, it sold, but that feature wall was still rolling around in my brain.  I had planned to make one at our old house, but when we found the barn, I knew exactly where my feature wall would be.  So anytime I have been out at antique shops I have been buying old kitchen tools to put on my wall and just saving them for when the wall was ready.
Kitchen Feature Wall, A Glimpse of Normal Blog
This is the before...what it looked like when we moved in.
Today was that day!!!!  A HUGE, HUGE, HUGE thank you goes out to Buddy, my son, who wanted a project he could work on today and I am sure I owe him a super big ice cream sundae from our favorite hidden gem ice cream spot.  I laid out the items the way I wanted them on the wall and he took charge and got them put up for me.  The only brand new items on this wall other than the paint of course, are the  EAT letters.  They are from Michaels Stores, a local craft store.  They are part of their cute lettering lines they have and they fit perfectly with all the antique items.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how it turned out and I can't wait to go find some more items for my feature wall.



Now I can't wait for when we begin the kitchen remodel so I can add in my antique decor that goes on the cabinet tops.  I love that I can add to this wall as I find more items.  What do you think?  #ireallyliveinabarn

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!