Thursday, July 20, 2017

Blueberries, Blueberries, Blueberries

It is one of my favorite seasons...BLUEBERRY SEASON.  Okay I admit, it is not a real season of the year, but for us it is one of our favorite parts of summer.  We love, love, love blueberries in our house and because we love them we don't mind heading out to the blueberry patch to go blueberry picking.  We also don't mind going picking because you can eat as you pick, it's a good thing they don't weight us as we have to sample what we are picking.  We have been twice already this year to pick blueberries and we might head out one more time, it just depends on if we can find time in our schedule.  We all love fresh blueberries, but we love to eat them frozen too.  Did you know that frozen blueberries are really sweet?  They are like candy for me.  So we eat blueberries year round.  I also do baking with blueberries.  That is what I thought I would share with you this week.  I just baked these treats yesterday as I am busy, busy, busy today and tomorrow.
Our must have is Blueberry Buckle.  I use this recipe for it.  This is my favorite recipe for it and it never fails.  If you are wondering what Blueberry Buckle is, I would say it is kind of like a coffee cake with blueberries.  I wait all year to make it and we savor it.
We love this Blueberry Buckle so much I doubled the recipe.
We also love to have Blueberry Muffins made with our fresh blueberries.  I have tried a lot of muffin recipes and I don't have a particular favorite that I have to go back to so I usually try a new one every time I make blueberry muffins.  This is the recipe I used this year for Blueberry Muffins with Oat Pecan Strussel.  It is very tasty and I would make them again.
Lastly I wanted to try something a little different so I went for this Blueberry Oatmeal Bread recipe.  It was super simple to make and looks delicious.  I haven't tried it yet because I ate a few too many blueberries while cooking yesterday and I was gone all day today.  So I can't tell you how it tastes yet, but if it is as good as it looks it won't last long in this house.
Do you go blueberry picking?  Do you have a favorite blueberry recipe?  I would love to hear about it.  I am always on the look out for more blueberry treats to make.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy Bestie!!
    I've made blueberry muffin tops before and they're great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment, it means the world to me!