- Chapter 1 - Getting Bigger: Hormones and Body Changes
- Chapter 2 - The Rollercoaster: Emotional Upheaval
- Chapter 3 - Brains Turn to Mush: Why School Goes Awry
- Chapter 4 - Many A Conflict, Many A Doubt: Spiritual Questioning
- Chapter 5 - The Awakening: Sexuality and Virtue
- Chapter 6 - Social Struggles: Overcoming Awkwardness
- Chapter 7 - Media, Gaming, and Discernment: More Than Amusement
- Chapter 8 - Conflict At Home: Family Relationships
- Chapter 9 - Transitioning: Youth in the Bible
- Chapter 10 - Celebrating Growth: Coming of Age Ceremonies
- Chapter 11 - Producers, Not Consumers: Work and Stewardship
- Chapter 12 - The Next Big Thing: High School and Beyond
I really appreciated this book and all the authors had to say on tweens. It was a great reminder for me to be mindful of these stages and phases in my daughter. The battles of this age are going to be there, that is part of growing up, but being prepared for this stage will lessen these battles and help us to head off many of them before they start. I also really appreciated the preparing for the future part too. That is an area that we do need to think about and prepare for even while she is going through the tween stage. I personally enjoyed the mix of Biblical wisdom and personal experiences that the authors included because it helped me know the approach they used when they are were in the situations I have been in or will be in with my tween. I definitely recommend reading this book if you have a tween or will have a tween. I found valuable information in for parenting my daughter in a calm, graceful way even when she is not thinking clearly.
You can learn more about the book No Longer Little: Parenting Tweens with Grace and Hope here. It comes not only in paperback like we received, but also in eBook format too. You can learn more about Great Waters Press and all the resources they have to offer on their website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest pages. Hal and Melanie Young also have a Facebook page. You can learn more about this book from my friends on the Homeschool Review Crew as well by clicking on the banner below. I am sure we all found different parts of this book that applied to us. I also got the chance to read another book from Great Waters Press, Love, Honor, and Virtue: Gaining or Regaining a Biblical Attitude Toward Sexuality and you can read that review here.